A special meeting of the City Council of the City of Walcott, Iowa was held on Thursday, April 7, 2016, with Mayor John Kostichek calling the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m. Council members present were: Tim Koehler, Virgil Wayne Latimer, Lisa Mengler, Jackie Puck, and Jacob Puck. Absent: None. City employees present were: Lisa Rickertsen and Tom Schirman. Jeff Heuer, NAI Ruhl Commercial Company, was also present.
Mengler moved and Latimer seconded to approve the agenda. Motion carried.
1113 N. Main Street Building Offer. Discussion was held on the offer received for the property at 1113 N. Main Street. The City would accept the offer from the prospective buyer, with the following conditions:
- Buyer would reveal the project business name.
- Buyer agrees to pay the broker’s commission to NAI Ruhl Commercial Company.
- Due diligence starts at day of execution of purchase offer.
- Buyer shares all property test results with seller.
- Non-refundable escrow of earnest money.
- Buyer is responsible for all closing costs.
Discussion was also held on obtaining a release of easements with adjacent property owner, the memorial tree located on the SW corner of the property, and building and/or landscaping aesthetics requirements.
Koehler moved and Jacob Puck seconded to have Attorney Schirman and Heuer prepare conditions as discussed to the perspective buyer.
Mengler moved and Latimer seconded to adjourn at 7:18 p.m. Ayes: All. Motion carried.