Frequently Asked Question on Police

How can I determine if someone is currently in jail?

We transfer all of our arrestees to the Scott County Jail. You will need to call the Scott County Jail at 563.326.8750 to determine if a person is incarcerated and the amount of their bond. Or you can visit their website and search by name. (Click here)

How can I obtain information on sex offenders in my neighborhood?

The Iowa State Police provides an online listing of sex offenders required to register in the State of Iowa. The database is updated daily and allows searching by name, city, county and zip code. (Click here)

How do I pay a traffic ticket?

If you received a traffic ticket with a fine on it and you wish to pay the fine, you may sign the back of the copy that says "Furnish to Court" and mail the signed ticket along with check payment to: Clerk of District Court Traffic Division Scott County Courthouse 416 W. 4th Street Davenport, IA. 52801-1187

How do I pay a parking ticket?

You can pay your parking tickets by coming to Walcott City Hall during business hours, or by mailing the ticket and payment to: Walcott City Hall 128 W. Lincoln St. PO Box 247 Walcott, IA 52773

Does your police department offer fingerprinting services?

No. Currently that is not a service that we offer, however you can call the Blue Grass Police Department to set up an appointment for fingerprinting, or go to the Scott County Jail for their service. There may be a fee associated with those services.

How do I obtain a copy of a report?

You may obtain a copy of a police report by sending a payment of $4.00 to the Walcott Police Department. Include with the check an address where you want the report sent and the case or incident # for the report requested. You may also come to the police station in person to purchase your copy, however you should call ahead of time to make sure somebody will be there to meet you.