Helpful Hints for Your Vehicles and Homes
- Do not leave your keys in the vehicle and do not leave your vehicle running unattended.
- Park in a secure, well-lit area.
- Lock all doors and windows and place valuable items in your vehicle's trunk.
- Always lock your doors when leaving your residence and use high-quality deadbolts on doors.
- Have interior lights set on timers when not at home.
- Have motion detector lights directed toward doors and windows.
- Place dowel rods in the window track to prevent windows and sliding glass doors from being opened from the outside.
- Do not leave any notices of being out of town on your voicemail system, answering machine, or social media (Facebook or Myspace, or Twitter).
The majority of crimes in the community are crimes of opportunity. Awareness by members of the community is a major factor in reducing these types of crimes. Your willingness to secure your property and report suspicious activities immediately to the police department will assist us in our endeavors to minimize this type of crime.