The utility billing is done by the City Clerk’s Department. The utility bill includes charges for water, sewer, and garbage. Utility bills are mailed around the 1st working day of each month and are due on the 20th of the month.
– Water rates – $5.03 per 1000 gallons of water used per month with a monthly minimum usage amount based on 1,400 gallons.
– Sewer rates – $6.15 per 1000 gallons of water used per month with a monthly minimum usage amount based on 1,400 gallons plus $10.00 base rental rate per month
– Garbage rates – $12.87 per month
- DROP BOX – Available 24/7, located near the City Hall door at 128 W. Lincoln Street.
- EZ-PAY – Payment of your monthly utility bill will be automatically deducted from your checking account. For more information or to apply, download the EZ-PAY form.
- MAIL – Payment may be mailed to City of Walcott, PO Box 247, Walcott, IA 52773.
- PERSON – At City Hall, 128 W. Lincoln Street, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Methods of payment include cash, money order, or check. Credit and debit cards are not accepted.
SETTING UP UTILITIES
New customers are required to complete a utility sign up form and pay a $70.00 deposit to the City of Walcott at the City Clerks office for water/sewer service. Click here to download a form and make sure to bring a picture ID when signing up for service. Other utility information can be found on the New Residents/Customers Information page.