The utility billing is done by the City Clerk’s Department. The utility bill includes charges for water, sewer, and garbage. Utility bills are mailed around the 1st working day of each month and are due on the 20th of the month.
– Water rates -Each customer shall pay a minimum bill of $12.00 per month, which includes usage up to 1,400 gallons. All usage over 1,400 gallons is $5.31 per 1,000 gallons.
– Sewer rates – Each customer shall pay a minimum bill of $19.16 per month plus a usage rate of $6.33 per 1,000 gallons of water used per month for all usage over 1,400 gallons.
– Garbage rates – $13.64 per month
- DROP BOX – Available 24/7, located near the City Hall door at 128 W. Lincoln Street.
- EZ-PAY – Payment of your monthly utility bill will be automatically deducted from your checking account. For more information or to apply, download the EZ-PAY form.
- MAIL – Payment may be mailed to City of Walcott, PO Box 247, Walcott, IA 52773.
- PERSON – At City Hall, 128 W. Lincoln Street, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Methods of payment include cash, money order, check, or credit and debit cards.
- ONLINE – Although online viewing of bills and balances are not available at this time, residents can make a payment towards their utility account seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Click here to proceed to Online Utility Payments
SETTING UP UTILITIES
New customers are required to complete a utility sign up form and pay a $70.00 deposit to the City of Walcott at the City Clerks office for water/sewer service. Click here to download a form and make sure to bring a picture ID when signing up for service. Other utility information can be found on the New Residents/Customers Information page.